Patricia is a multi-talented contemporary Gospel
singer/writer/performer/producer with a smooth and vibrant voice. She
is also an evangelist of Seed of Faith Ministries.
Born and raised in Washington, D.C. into a family of musicians, singers and writers,
Patricia has been singing and performing on stage and in churches since her early teens, including performances at
- The National Baptist Convention in New Orleans along with such greats as Shirley Caesar, BB Winans and Daryl Coley
- The Bobby Jones Gospel Showcase based in Nashville, Tennessee
- The Ensemble Studio in Los Angeles
- The East West Players where she sang in the stage play God's Trombones
- D.C. Black Repertoire where she gained recognition for her performance in the stage play A Day, A Life, A People written by Dr. Bernice Reagon, founder of the singing group Sweet Honey in the Rock
- Also numerous college and church sponsored programs, weddings, friends holiday programs, fashion shows and conventions for multi-cultural audiences of all age groups.
She had a national R&B hit single, Love Brought You Here
, written and produced by
her cousins Robert, Richard, and Jacqueline Poindexter; who also wrote and produced
the classic, Thin Line Between Love and Hate
. Love Brought You Here
released on Win or Lose label and distributed by Atlantic Records. She toured the nation
to promote this hit single, performing in concerts and on the renowned television show, Soul Train
Patricia was also an original member of the famous singing group Sweet Honey in the
Rock for four years. She wrote and recorded several songs with the group. A
Woman, written by Patricia and sung by the group, was included on the No Nukes
compilation project, released by Elektra Asylum Records.
Ive always believed in God, says Patricia LaVerne McQueen. Patricia, known as the
Word Singer, was born and raised in the church; but it was not until she moved to
the Los Angeles area that she experienced such a pouring forth of the Word of God,
that she became hungry for and committed to studying and living the faith
she had known from childhood. I believe that God is looking for committed people,
now more than ever before, because the time is short for Jesus return.
For Patricia, being committed means using the voice God gave her as a vehicle for
Him to spread His Word, to save souls and build up saints. She says, God showed me
that I had to use His gifts to glorify Him, because Hes the Gift Giver. So the music I
sing is part of a vision in which God is moving in these last days.
Time has enhanced Patricias God given ability to enter the listeners personal space, touch the core of joy and soothe the root of pain. As an ordained minister of the Gospel, Patricia has recently launched her new ministry, A Sermon in Song. This ministry is a mixture of scriptures and songs with music accompaniment and a specific theme. It is a message from God set to music.